Wednesday, August 13, 2014

First Discussion and Tour of Bogota


Hey!
So let's get straight to the good stuff ... we went out teaching! And we actually got to go out two times! So we went out last Friday for like 3 hours and it was crazy!!! There are so many people in this country!  But it was pretty frustrating, everyone we would go up to would say no thank you and just walk away. But then my companion and I walked like 2 miles away to this big park, and there was only one lady there and I knew we needed to go talk to her. So we walked way far over to her, her name was Emilia and we started to see what she likes to do in life and other stuff. Then I started to tell her about the church. We were only supposed to get contacts from people, but we sat and had a 40 min discussion with her on the restoration. She said she wants to know more and wants to have good blessings in her life, it was crazy! We gave her a book of Mormon and asked her to Read Moroni 10 and pray to receive an answer. It was crazy!! She was so excited when we gave it to her, her very own copy!! We got to go out again yesterday for only an hour but it was cool, my teacher challenged us to get 5 contacts and we did it!!! The first time we only got three. But one month today! It's crazy, I still remember the drive to Provo as if it were yesterday. Two more weeks in the MTC and then I'm done! It kinda scares me sometimes, I feel like I'm not ready at all but I just keep praying for strength! Funny story ... we were out doing service the other day and this lady brought up her daughter to us and was like "look how cute she is!" "Do any of you handsome men want to marry her??" We had to tell her no. hahaha!  But I guess that's pretty common down here. And then I have some good news! I wrote you guys a letter home! So you have to see if it makes it there! I sent it on Friday and I hear it takes like 3 weeks to go back and fourth so who know when it will get there but let me know if it does. Here is my new address for the mission home, so if you want to send letters and pictures to me that would be awesome. I don't think it would ever be worth it to send a package down here. Just pictures of the family will be enough.

Elder Mason Chavez
Colombia Bogota South Mission
Calle 72 #10-07, oficina 303
Edificio Liberty Seguros
Bogota, Distrito Capital
Colombia

Things here are going good! I'm just trying really hard to forget about myself and start to love others. We watched a devotional by Elder Bednar and the whole thing was about turning outward and forgetting what you want and need and help others with their wants and needs. I've been trying to do that. I miss all of you so much. I get a new companion today, we were all supposed to get Latinos but they aren't enough for all of us so I have another North American who was already here. His name is Elder Taylor. He's from Holladay so kinda close. He was friends with Paloni so that's kinda cool. Arron Wooden was here but we never were able to get a picture together, they only let us have our cameras on pday. Well I love all of you so much. It brings me to tears sometimes, I hope everything is going good at home!! I was about to cry when i read the thing with Bailey! But just let everyone know I love all of them so very much!!


Love Elder Chavez

Pictures from Mason's Tour around Bogota


This picture made me literally laugh out loud!



This is a Salt Mine that they turned into a Cathedral
Mason said it was kind of weird but really cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment