Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Another Baptism!

Ok well this week was really good, kinda hard in a few aspects but at the same time one of the most satisfying weeks of the whole mission. first off Baptism! two weeks in a row , that was an awesome feeling. We have been working with this kid for a little wile and in these last few weeks he just took off and started changing his life . When I first got here, the Bishop asked us to go to his house because his mom and 4 sisters had gotten baptized a year before and had stopped attending a few months back. So I went with Elder Ojeda and we got them going again, but those first six weeks  Miguel didn't want much to do with us, but Elder Forsyth and I focused a lot on him and were able to help this change. It was really spiritual, The family has a lot of love for us. That's the best part of the mission, Getting someone to do something for the good and becoming their friend all along the way. I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be here, it's changed my life. -this last week was Easter, but here they do semana santa. A whole week to remember the lord, it's cool but at the same time they remember him and his death. But that's the best about Easter Sunday, I could defiantly feel the spirit when we sang asombro me da, I satand all amazed. I know our savior lives and that if we follow him we will live now and for the eternity as a family!

Love,
Elder Chavez

Miguel's Baptism
Cleaning vandalism off of the Church
With Elder Forsyth

No comments:

Post a Comment