Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year!

I'm really glad everyone had such a good Christmas. I have to say things were really different here. But I learned a lot, I learned the importance of family more than ever. And how blessed we are to have a family like we do and all the things we do together. My companion was shocked with how many people I talked to the other day when I called home. Things are so different here Christmas was more about eating more than anything else for these people. But I know this is where I'm supposed to be. It can be hard at times but then I realize that I can only thank Heavenly Father though my service. I have been Given much so I too must give. Haha I have started to memorize that hymn in Spanish. Really makes a difference when you take a step back and look at what you have. It crazy that things are going so fast out here. The new transfer just started today so I should be here in Neiva for another 6 weeks. Which I'm really excited about. This last week was actually one of my best ever lessons wise. We taught 19! This week I really want to break 20, but the best part was yesterday we Got 4 people to church, all of which we found this last week. And all seem to be really interested. Two of them have a baptism Date for the 17th, so we have a lot of work to do. We also have a family who is going to get married on the 10th and baptized the same day!!! We have a few others who are progressing but it's been a challenge to get them to church. It was so nice to talk to everyone the other day, but I have to say it's nice to have the work go back to normal. I have really grown to love the chance I have to share this gospel. And I don't want to lose any time what so ever. I'm going to hit 7 months in this next six weeks. 7 months!!!! I don't know where the time has gone. Kinda scares me, but at the same time drives me to work harder if I only have so much time as a full time missionary. I have grown to realize that the best thing we could ever do for someone is share this gospel, it brings an eternity of blessings. I love you guys have an awesome week, and Happy New Year!!!

Love-
Elder Chavez

No comments:

Post a Comment